​Missouri Legal Solutions, LLC​

Need to file for a divorce?

If you have been served with a Summons by the sheriff or a special process server, you have thirty days from the date you received the Summons to file an Answer with the Court.  Failure to answer within thirty (30) days could result in a Default Judgment against you.   

If you and your spouse agree on all of the important issues, you may be able to negotiate a Settlement Agreement without the necessity of a contested trial.  When this option makes sense for you, it can be less stressful and much less expensive.  Our approach is to begin preparing for trial from the first day we meet with you.  Whether or not your case settles will depend on many factors - but the final decision is always yours.  We will advise you of your rights within the law.  And you tell us how you want to proceed.   

If you have children, your spouse may have already filed a Proposed Parenting Plan along with the Petition.  This is your spouse's idea of how custody, visitation and child support should be decided.  It is important that you think about how you believe these issues should be resolved and that you do so early in the process.  Your Parenting Plan may be similar - or it may be very different from the one your spouse proposed. 

Either party can petition the Court for temporary orders before the final trial.  Preliminary hearings are commonly called to protect marital property and to determine issues such as child custody, child support, visitation schedules and spousal support while the case is pending.  The outcome of these preliminary motions can often impact how the case is finally decided.  They should not be taken lightly.  Call us (636-896-5819) or send us an email.  We can help. 

Has your spouse Already filed against you?

Missouri Legal Solutions™ at WingHaven

001 Boardwalk Springs Place, Suite 111
O'Fallon, MO 63368



O'Fallon, Wentzville, Lake St. Louis, St. Charles, St. Peters,

Warrenton and Troy Missouri

Family law attorneys

There are many important details to consider.  What is the best way to protect your children?  How can you best protect your property and financial interests?  What kind of information do you need to begin collecting?

The best way to get all of your questions answered is to schedule a free confidential consultation with a licensed attorney.  Call our office (636-896-5819) or send us an email.  An attorney will get right back to you.